A Sleepless Night

So this is what everyone was talking about.

Ever since we brought Morgan home, she has been a pretty good sleeper.

Let's face it, six to eight hour stretches for a baby less than a month old? We have certainly be blessed. But last night she made us out to be liars.

This baby slept for two hours last night - mostly in 10-15 minute segments. At one point, I was up for three hours straight. She wasn't extremely fussy, she just wanted to play.

Chad had to work today, so I tried to let him sleep, but about 5:30, he even gave up and went ahead and got up.

It was a rough night - but certainly worth it.

Coincidentally, yesterday was the first time that both Chad and I have been away from her for an extended period of time. My mom came over and kept her while Chad was at work and I went to my post partum checkup (all good!). I'm telling you, it was tough leaving for just a couple of hours. In less than a month, I'll have to leave her all day when I go back to work.

Today was a pretty good day. She slept a good bit while I did some work. Chad barely got to see her today - he came home for lunch and she was sleeping, and pretty much went straight from work to a men's group meeting at church. By the time he got back, she was sound asleep.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Aww poor Mommy & Daddy! I had to start a strict bedtime routine b/c my little one had his days and nights mixed up and wanted to play also.
I really hope tonight is a better one for you & that you get a good nap today!

Dana said...

Ahh, I remember those nights! Morgan sounds alot like Trevor, he was a really good sleeper but he had his party nights too! It gets so much easier when they are older, Trevor goes to bed (no matter if he is asleep or not) every night at 8:30 and he puts himself to sleep-it makes life so easy!

Post a Comment

Please visit our new blog at http://wallacefamilyblog.wordpress.com/