Heartbroken

I am completely heartbroken. Let me rephrase that - Chad and I  are completely heartbroken. Words cannot express how disheartening the news of the Philadelphia Abortion Clinic Legal Murder Center has been to us. Link to story

We have honestly had a hard time functioning since we heard the news. As difficult as it is to talk about, Chad changed our devotion tonight to talk about this case, and abortion in general. The conclusion was that as horrific as this scene was - disposed baby parts in jars and bottles, some kept in the same refrigerator as the heartless clinic staff's lunch - this would have been just as evil if it were in a pristine, clean ultra modern clinic.

Let's examine two verses from Scripture:

Luke 1:41
And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the baby leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
 Luke 2:16
And they went with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby lying in a manger.
Two verses, possibly on the same page of your bible, but mere verses between them. Do you notice anything? In the native Greek, Luke used the same word, brethos, in the same form, to describe John the Baptist in Elizabeth's womb and to describe the baby Jesus lying in the manger. God clearly sees no difference in a newborn baby and an unborn baby.

Since Norma McCorvey decided that she didn't want a child and became the infamous Roe in Roe v. Wade, there have been 35 million babies murdered legally in the United States. This sicko in Philadelphia was performing illegal abortions, so there's no telling how many millions more have been killed illegally, with little or no consequence. In fact, if not for the death of a healthy 41-year old woman who sought out an illegal abortion, this guy would have probably killed a few babies today. His clinic had not been inspected since 1993.

This story follows a couple of other shocking news items in recent weeks. The announcement that 40 percent of all pregnancies in New York City are terminated by abortion is jawdropping. 40 percent! For every 3 live births, there are 2 abortions! Then in Australia, a couple is seeking an abortion because they are pregnant with twin boys, when they wanted a girl.

I don't want this post to turn into a debate on abortion. I suspect that most of my followers are Christian mommy bloggers with the same beliefs as me. For the first time in my life, I looked at the horrific results of an abortion. There is no way that you can deny that these are precious babies, made in the image of God.

(These images are linked, they are very graphic in nature)

Aborted baby 7 weeks after conception
Aborted baby 9 weeks after conception
10 weeks
11 weeks
and horrifically, 24 weeks

Abort73 also has a video that outlines what is going on with abortion in America.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not have the courage to click on the images. And I had not heard this news yet. My heart aches thinking about this. What shocking and upsetting numbers.

Triumph in Learning said...

This is so devastatingly heart breaking! And that this is only part of many evil things that go on in this world today.

I'm glad you posted this. I haven't heard about this yet, but I am aware that abortions/Murders are happening rapidly:(

I did look at the images(which was really hard). And Later I read my husband this post, and showed him the images as well. I have to say My heart was tightening up in my chest when I seen those images. (our 2nd baby is 11 weeks)

Also Many people don't want to think about this, but at Fertility clinics they often disgard/THROW AWAY/ Murder.. "Live" Embryo's that are left over or not forming right. We Believe That those embryo's are Babies when sperm met egg and started dividing. Now just think about how many of those precious babies who didn't get a chance at life.

(we froze all 3 of our "surviving" Embryo's left over from our IVF. And will go back and give them all chance at life)

This is not ment to offend anyone! This is just my own personal beliefs and convictions.

Mommy Becoming said...

Amber,

I hadn't heard about that article but I remember writing a post about abortion while I was still pregnant. Abortion makes me so angry. Angry, and heartbroken, and weeping. How can people do this?

The ONE consolation I have is that all of those beautiful babies are with Jesus.

Unknown said...

I have not heard of this story here in New Zealand and am deeply saddened by the thoughtless and needless waste of precious life. I am not an advocate for the death penalty but could be convinced to change my mind in this case.

I could not look at the images but my imagination is enough of an image to horrify me.

I thank God that he is being bought to justice. May God have mercy on his soul as he obviously had no mercy on the wee souls whose lives he has taken.

Breen said...

I have awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award on my blog. Check it out!

Kathryn said...

Couldn't get myself to click on any of the images. 24 weeks is just insane! Thar=t is about 6 months; aren't there cases where babies have been born at 24 weeks and survived; although I'm sure it is rare, I believe it has happened especially in the case of multiples. Adoption is so much better of a choice.

Post a Comment

Please visit our new blog at http://wallacefamilyblog.wordpress.com/