14 weeks-hello 2nd trimester!!!


Welcome to the second trimester! This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb. Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him -- a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb. In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches -- about the size of a lemon -- and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How Far Along: 14 weeks
Total Weight Gained/Loss: gain 2.6 lbs overall (+ 3.2 lbs this week) (Thats Thanksgiving for you :)
Maternity Clothes: one pair of maternity jeans since none of my jeans fit and I love them they are so comfortable!
Best Moment of the Week: getting to see Chads family who we have not seen since we find out and seeing everyone so excited. They have known since we found out but just havent been to see them yet.
Movement: not yet but have been feeling some weird things in my stomach
Food Craving: mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, creamed corn (any type of veggie or fruit)
Food aversions: smell of fried foods and actual food, smell of hamburgers & the burger, sunkist, Hi-C, blackened fish, spicy food, sprite (about all I can drink is water)
Morning sickness: haven't thrown up yet but good gosh I get sick at the smell, sight or taste at a ton of stuff right now.
Gender: not yet, we will find out Dec. 21 I cant wait!
Labor Signs: hopefully not for a long time
Belly Button: in
What I miss: sleeping on my stomach, Im really trying to figure out how to sleep on my back but its hard when all you have ever done is sleep on your stomach.
What I'm looking forward to: finding out if its a boy or girl on Dec. 21-3 more weeks!
Weekly Wisdom:
Keep my commandments and live; keep my teaching as the apple of your eye -Proverbs 7:2
Milestones: actually starting to get a real little belly
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PS-Go Dawgs! I still cant believe we beat Ole Miss and much less how we did 41-27!!

Last but not least if you haven't made a guess I have a link on the side to guess the stats of our baby if you want. 8 guesses so far 4 boy 4 girl who will win??!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Whoo hoo, second trimester, how exciting!!

I had an aversion to Sprite the entire time I was pg. too! I don't think I will ever like it again!

Off to make my guess....need any boy clothes?? :)

Dana said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

I miss sleeping on my stomach as well. I never used to do it much until I had kids and now that I can't while pg, I get as much of it as I can when not! Try to get used to sleeping on your side if you can. A few more weeks and your belly will be too big to lay on your back for long, so side sleeping will be the most comfy in the long run.

Post a Comment

Please visit our new blog at http://wallacefamilyblog.wordpress.com/